Licensee Support and Maintenance Guide
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Tier 1 Technical Support (For End-Users)
Tier 1 technical support for end-users is available 24 x 7. Tier 1 technical issues include:
- Software installation and configuration
- Product features and functionality
- Hardware requirements
- Session access instruction
Tier 2 Technical Support
Tier 2 support is available from 9am-5pm US Eastern on Monday – Friday.
Tier 2 Support is provided to the customer’s primary technical contacts. Tier 2 issues are generally those that are beyond the scope of Tier 1 issues and require further escalation and research.
Several resources are available in the BoardEffect Platform located in the “Help” section, including:
- Access to an online HelpDesk.
- Access to pre-recorded videos and webinars.
The BoardEffect Platform Support Team sends email alerts to all BoardEffect Platform top-level administrators in a minimum of two business days in advance of any planned service interruptions to the BoardEffect Platform that do not occur during regularly scheduled maintenance windows.
Technical Support Severities
- Severity 1: Fatal Defect – Product is not available
The BoardEffect Platform’s production system is not operational, or all BoardEffect Platform customers are experiencing severe operational impact threatening future business productivity. No alternative is available. For example, the application is inaccessible, and customers/end-users cannot enter or retrieve data.
- Severity 2: Product Issue – Product can be used with workarounds
Important issue that is affecting a customer’s operation in the BoardEffect Platform’s production system. Alternate method available. For example, a feature is not working in accordance with the BoardEffect Platform Documentation.
- Severity 3: Documentation Issue
Minor non-critical issue such as information requests or documentation errors.
- Severity 4: Enhancement
Feature or enhancement request on the BoardEffect Platform. This is then sent to our product management and development teams for review and to incorporate into our product roadmap.
Technical Support Response Times
- All Severity 1 email, phone, and voicemail requests will be responded to within 30 minutes.
- All Severity 2 email, phone, and voicemail requests will be responded to within 2 hours.
- All Severity 3-4 email, phone, and voicemail inquiries will be responded to within 1 business day of reporting.
- ADVANCED SUPPORT (No longer available)
In addition, BoardEffect Platform customers who have ordered Advanced Support will receive the following additional benefits:
- 2 customized admin training sessions (one-time)
- 2 board training webinars (one-time)
- A customized implementation with a dedicated implementation specialist (one-time)
- A yearly tune up to review the customer’s BoardEffect Platform and best practice suggestions
For the avoidance of doubt, Advanced Support is a legacy product offering only available to pre-existing customers who have expressly purchased a product offering identified as “Advanced Support,” and is not available for purchase by new customers.
For the avoidance of doubt, BoardEffect LLC has merged with Diligent Corporation.