Service Level Commitment
The scope of BoardEffect’s Service Level Commitment (“SLC”) is for the BoardEffect Platform, including the web-based BoardEffect portal and iPad App. It does not include any portion of the public Internet or the Licensee’s network and hardware.
For the purpose of defining the meaning of key terms used in this SLC, the following definitions are provided.
- Availability: The ability to reach the login page of the portal. If this fails for reasons other than user error or omission or public network issues, then the system is deemed unavailable.
- Hardware: All physical equipment making up a system, including computer servers, storage arrays, disks, network cards, peripheral cards, cables, power supplies, and any additional components required to provide the BoardEffect Platform.
- Infrastructure: The network, including network software, hardware, operating system, and web-server tiers of a system. BoardEffect’s infrastructure is such that all BoardEffect servers are collocated externally with 3rd party industry leading providers that guarantee network and power high-availability and confirm to BoardEffect on an annual basis that they are in compliance with security safeguards and requirements.
- Network: BoardEffect’s network starts and ends with the demarcation point at which BoardEffect’s network traffic is handed off to BoardEffect’s upstream transit vendor. All public networks (Internet) and Licensee’s internal networks are not included in this SLC.
3. BoardEffect Hosted Services Availability
- Software as a Service Solution: Available 24x7x365 (except for scheduled and unscheduled outages)
- BoardEffect monitors its production servers and connectivity to them through internal and external monitoring applications. Key staff members are on call 24x7x365. An outage automatically triggers a call to BoardEffect’s staff members who, in turn, proceeds with the appropriate action to resolve the problem. As part of this SLC, BoardEffect:
- Provides 24x7x365 response and/or corrective action to service outages affecting any part of the BoardEffect infrastructure
- Provides real-time server monitoring
- Manages repair procedures to BoardEffect’s infrastructure
- The server and network system (BoardEffect platform and website) will be available for a minimum of 99.7% on a calendar quarterly basis, provided that a service interruption during regularly scheduled maintenance shall not be deemed unavailability.
- Regularly scheduled maintenance is scheduled from Thursday from 2:00AM – 6:00AM US Eastern and from Saturday 10:00PM to Sunday 6:00AM US Eastern. Note: maintenance windows are subject to change. New maintenance hours will be shared in advance of changes.
- During maintenance periods the system may be unavailable. Maintenance periods are only used as required. Maintenance updates of significant duration or introducing major functionality updates will be communicated one week in advance to allow for proper coordination of client updates and training.
- Other planned service interruptions will be communicated to clients at least two business days in advance.
- An unplanned service interruption will be addressed immediately.
4. BoardEffect Service Credit
“Service Credit” means the following:
|Annual Uptime Percentage||Days of Service added to the end of the Service term, at no charge to Licensee|
|95.0% – 99.9%||15|
|90% – 94.9%||45|
Licensee Must Request Service Credit. In order to receive any of the Service Credits described above, Licensee must notify BoardEffect within thirty days from the time Licensee becomes eligible to receive a Service Credit. Failure to comply with this requirement will forfeit Licensee’s right to receive a Service Credit.
For additional information about BoardEffect’s Technical Support, please refer to the BoardEffect Licensee Support and Maintenance Guide, located here.