- Upon request by the company that has made you an authorized user of the services.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on BoardEffect or the service; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of BoardEffect; or (3) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of BoardEffect, its website(s), product or services or the public from harm or harassment. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of any of your personally identifiable information we will, if permitted by law, attempt to notify you at least five (5) business days before we respond to the request.
- If BoardEffect should ever file or be subject to the filing of a petition in bankruptcy or other insolvency proceedings, or if BoardEffect should ever merge with another entity or undergo any other corporate reorganization, we may transfer and sell the information you provide to us through the service to a third party or share your personally identifiable information with any third party that acquires or succeeds to BoardEffect’s capital stock or business assets to which the services relate. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
- We may provide your personally identifiable information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personally identifiable informationonly as necessary to providethese services to us.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES Our site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of BoardEffect. If you submit personally identifiable information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. BoardEffect is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any sites to which www.boardeffect.com provides links. Social Media Widgets Our website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it. ACCESS TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by making the change by contacting us by telephone, or via email, or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to any requests for access to personally identifiable information within 30 days. DATA RETENTION We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact our Support Team. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS We may post customer testimonials on our website which might contain personally identifiable information. We obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name, title, and organization name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION We use security measures (such as encryption technology) to protect your information including the personally identifiable information that we transmit and store. BoardEffect employs the following measures to secure data:
- Database level security — measures designed to prevent unauthorized users from accessing or modifying the data at the database level.
- System level security — measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to the systems that the database runs on, and to all systems that can access the database.
- Network level security — the database is designed to be inaccessible to the public internet. No machine that can directly access the database can be directly accessed from the internet.
- Firewall — designed to prevent unauthorized access to the network, and to protect against attacks.
- Intrusion Detection Systems — designed to alert us to any attack that might get past the network security and firewall, so that the attack can be stopped.
- Physical security — measures designed to ensure that the machines that can access the database are physically secured so that only the operations team can access them.
- We also prohibit our employees from accessing your personally identifiable information except on a need to know basis, and even then only under confidentiality agreements. Our engineers review the security measures on a regular basis to update and strengthen these protections. No security measures are completely fail-safe or impervious to circumvention. We are not responsible for events beyond our control, including without limitation, the malicious acts or willful misconduct of hackers or any other person.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security technology (TLS).